Mittwoch, 8. März 2017

Stepping outside the comfort zone is when learning scales

Today, Sunday March 5, 2017, is the final day for handing in applications for the Global Solutions Program GSP17 of Singularity University.

Different to the first application which I successfully did (in 2011 for the #GSP11) and which I had the (not-solved) challenge to raise $25k within one (!) week the 8-week accelerator program is paid for by Google mainly.

So after one year of pausing, I took it to my heart and started the application some weeks ago. The process is pretty much streamlined, including essays about achieved successes as well as failures, and  an outlook into the future on personal goals.

... and as you might suspect one real challenge is there also:

making a 2 min video answering three short questions. This really pulled me out of my comfort zone, delaying it until the very last moment almost.

Here the video (which due to passion rising went off to almost 2:30 min):




As John D. Sterman, the Jay W. Forrester Professor of the System Dynamics Group at the MIT Sloan School of Management once told me in a private message after introducing me to some colleagues, "Now the ball is in your field. I am stepping out."

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen